Sorry, I can't.

I can see it in your eyes, they're smiling.
I can see it in your smile, it's telling.
I can hear it in your silence, thinking.

It's clear as day.

Yet I cannot be the one who's going to confess
Not because of my selfworth, but rather, my unworthiness.
I cannot let your future shaped by my attitude and ineptitude.
I cannot force you into a family I myself cannot handle.
I cannot put such burden on your shoulders.
I cannot put that idea in you.
I cannot just say, "let's try. Let's go as far as we can go." I can't.
I want you to have control of your life.

I want you to be happy.
I want you to do anything and everything because you want to.
Not because of me.

I cannot ask you.
Even if I need you.
Even if I cannot live without you.
Even if I'll be by myself for eternity.

Yet I'll be here for you,
When you want me,
When you need me.

Comments

Popular

Train to Dabong I

Dream A Little Dream of Me

Bandarasa