Orbiter Habiter


I’m an orbiter,
Perpetually falling for you,
Into you,
But not quite.

An imaginary string between us two,
Tethering me to you.
Close enough to keep me hovering for more,
Far enough to keep me wondering what for.

I’m just one of your orbiters,
Among countless other,
Waiting for my shot,
To shine a light into your sight,
Pulling a tide in your cruel heart.

This habit of rotating and gyrating,
Used to be nauseating but exhilarating,
Now it’s numbingly painless as it is pointless.
Used and useless,
That’s all my worth I can say,
Like an old dried out rag if you may.

It’s time to cut the string.
It’s time to end the wondering,
Oh yes yes, you were a wonder,
You’re great but I guess that’s it?
Hope I’ll see you again, never.

I was your orbiter,
Perpetually falling for you,
Into you,
But not quite, no more,
Because it’s not alright, not anymore.

Comments

Popular

Train to Dabong I

Dream A Little Dream of Me

Bandarasa