Sleep

I think I have messed up my sleep cycle. It's usual for me to pass midnight without feeling sleepy, so I watched movies,watched TV or browse the net until 2 or 3 am. Only then will I go to bed.

And it's hard  when I go to bed.
Because when I say I go to bed, I really mean only that; go. There's always a half or an hour of tossing and turning before I can finally sleep. And I don't know where my sister bought this bed, but it really cannot handle my pre-sleeping actions. Okay that sounds a wee bit dirty. What I mean was, sometimes the bed will malfunctioned and I have to put it back together (this is a bit technical I'm not gonna bore you with details). It's just really didn't help with me trying to sleep.

And waking up is hard too.
I'm a natural early-riser. I was at least. But now I have to rely on alarm clock, which unfortunately means my cheap Nokia phone's alarm clock. If I put it too far from my head, or accidentally pushed it under my pillow while I'm battling monsters of Dreamland in my REM sleep (thank god I still have that), chances are the alarm sound will be too low to the point of the ceiling fan's white noise could cancel it out. I really need to curi my niece's Doraemon alarm clock.

And staying awake is equally hard too.
If I managed to wake up, there are only two possibilities. One, I will sleep again at 7 until 10-ish am. Or possibility number two, if I'm lucky, I will stay awake until 10 am and dozed off until noon-ish. And this house perfect timing for lunch really just like adding salt to the wound. More often than not, upon finishing the meal, I can feel the food take over my body, like the calories (this is a wrong use of word I think) creeping up to my eyelids, and forced them to closed down, down, down, down with my body on the couch.

Remember the entry 'Adele' where I wrote a fictional story in the form of a letter, that I posted several weeks ago? Well, the 'me' character wrote that he had trouble sleeping, and need to take pills. I started to think that I'm cursed by that. Mana tahu Adele bela hantu raya, sebab tu suara dia sedap, sebab tu aku tak boleh tidur. Okay karut sangat.



#TweetspirationHariIni:
  Sleep cycle aku messed up gila. I have no control of when I'm awake or sleep. Help me

*this article was edited to make it a lil' bit easier to read. I had a sudden epiphany after reading a blog, that my minimalist aesthetics in writing is just, well, boring.

Comments

Popular

Train to Dabong I

Dream A Little Dream of Me

Bandarasa